- Saturday, Nov 19: Bonita Springs Rotary's 5K To End Polio Now. 7.30 a.m., Riverside Park - Pennsylvania Ave., Bonita Springs (3dracinginc.com/event/inaugural-rotarys-5k-to-end-polio-now/)
- Sunday, Nov. 20: Naples Fall Classic Half Marathon and 5K. 7 a.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples (napleshalf.com)
- Thursday, Nov. 24: 37th annual Turkey Trot 5K run, walk, plus one-mile fun run and tot trot. Starts at 7:30 a.m., Cape Coral Wellness Center (ftmyerstrackclub.com).
- Thursday, Nov. 24: Thanksgiving Day 5K run/walk. 7 a.m., Germain Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- Thursday, Nov. 24: Thanksgiving Day 5K and 1K kids race. 7:30 a.m., downtown Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 3: 38th annual City of Palms River Run, 10K or 2 mile fun run/walk, starts 8 a.m. from Centennial Park in downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- NEW Ride: Friday, Nov. 18, Estero Critical Mass ride. Meet at 7:00 p.m. and roll at 7:30. Parking lot of Our Lady of Light Catholic Church at 19680 Cypress View Dr, Estero, FL 33967. We will use the parking lot between the church and the road. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/235009679/)
- Friday, Nov. 25: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Meet at 7:00 p.m, ride at 7.30 p.m., Farmers Market Parking Lot, 4706 SE 11th Place (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/qbmrtlyvpbhc/)
- Saturday, Nov. 26: SW Florida Critical Mass starter/sightseeing ride; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Nov. 27: 11th annual Fit & Fuel Iron Joe Turkey Ride, Naples’ Sunday-after-Thanksgiving cycling tradition. 62-, 30- and 20 miles rides, begins and end at Fit & Fuel Café. (raceroster.com/events/2016/9300/fit-fuel-iron-joe-turkey-ride)
- Friday, Dec. 2: SWFL Critical Mass giant monthly evening ride, side lot next to the downtown Publix, 2160 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers. Tailgate starts at 7:15 (though many arrive earlier). Wheels roll at 8:00. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/ccmrtlyvqbdb/).
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at (www.caloosariders.org).