- Saturday, Aug. 13: 8th annual Cape 5K, part of the 3D Racing Summer Series Races. Jaycee Park, Cape Coral, 7 a.m. (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Aug. 20: North Collier Regional Rampage 5K, North Collier Regional Park. (eliteevents.org)
- Monday, Sept. 5: Labor Day 5K, starts at 7:30 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Sept. 24: Hispanic Heritage Festival 5K, downtown Fort Myers, 7:30 a.m. (active.com)
- Saturday, Sept. 24: Run Wild 5K, and 1K kids race. Wear your best wildlife attire, benefits the Conservancy and Naples Zoo. Starts from the Naples Zoo parking lot, 1495 Smith Preserve Way, Naples. (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 1: Lexington Country Club 5K Run/Walk & Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. To benefit the Regional Cancer Center's Breast Health Center (Lee Memorial Health System). (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 1: 2016 Busey Bank Run for Prevention, downtown Fort Myers, 6 p.m. (active.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 8: Cops & Joggers 5K, Centennial Park, Downtown Fort Myers, 7:45 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Fort Myers Police Department Fallen Officer Memorial Fund and the Brotherhood Ride. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 15: 8th annual 10K race 4 FISH (Friends In Service Here). Sanibel Community Park, 2231 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel; starts at 7:30 a.m. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Oct. 16: 6th annual Rocktoberfest 10 Miler & 2x5 Mile Relay, North Collier Regional Park, 7 a.m. (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 22: 8th annual Race The Roof 15K run, 5K run/walk, tot trot. Verandah Community. Proceeds to benefit the Habitat for Humanity, Lee and Hendry Counties. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Friday, Aug. 12: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. for an 8 p.m. roll out at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Aug. 13: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. for a 7:45 p.m. roll out at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
Caloosa riders (caloosariders.org)
- Saturday, Aug. 27: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 3: Venice Sprint Sept. 3 (swflymca.org).
- Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 10-11: Galloway Captiva Tri Weekend, kid’s events Saturday (three age groups, not timed), adult sprint Sunday. Limited capacity, open-water swim, closed road course. (captivatri.org).