· Saturday, April 9: 6th annual The Fast and the Furriest 5K, Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, April 9: Artis-Naples 10K Run For Music, to benefit the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra and its youth music education programs. (gcrunner.org)
· Sunday, April 10: Paradise Coast Half Marathon and 5K. (www.naplesmarathon.com)
· Friday, April 15: Beach Bums 5K, on the beach at 6:30 p.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, April 23: Third annual Run4Kayla, held at Patriot Elementary, once again, with a 5k run/walk, a 1 mile fun run, and the main event, the Wheelchair Dash. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, April 30: 4th annual Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Run/Walk. 5K run, 2-mile walk. Century Link Sports Complex at Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Sunday, May 1: Tropicool 5K, 7:30 a.m. in Olde Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, May 14: 11th annual Lover Key Turtle Trot 5K. 8 a.m., to support the Friend of Lovers Key. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Monday, May 30: Memorial Day 5K. Celebrate Memorial Day with a fun 5k at North Collier Regional Park. Proceeds of the race benefit the Special Olympics. (gcrunner.org)
· Friday, April 29: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather beginning at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:15 roll-out for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended.
|March Cape Coral Critical Mass ride|
· Saturday, April 30: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction.
· Sunday, May 1: Lake Avalon Reverse Triathlon & Duathlon. Triathlon: 5K run, 10 mile bike, 1/4 mile swim. Duathlon: 5K run, 10 mile bike, 1 mile run. Sugden Regional Park, Naples. (eliteevents.org)
· Sunday, May 1: Registration opens for the 2016 Galloway Captiva Tri, set for Sept. 10-11. (captivatri.org)
· Saturday, May 14: Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint. (capeparks.com or active.com)
· Sunday, June 5: Naples Fitness Challenge Reverse Sprint. Naples Beach Club. (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
· Plan ahead: Other upcoming area tris include the American Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon in Naples July 20 (eliteevents.org), the Englewood Sprint tri July 16 (swflymca.org), the Siesta Key Olympic and Sprint Tris and Duathlon June 25 or Aug. 6 (multirace.com), the Venice Sprint Sept. 3 (swflymca.org), the Siesta Kay Sprint Tri Sept. 24 (siestakeytriathlon.org) and the Marco Island Sprint Oct. 2 (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com). Willing to drive? Check trifind.com for other state tris.