· Friday, April 15: Beach Bums 5K, on the beach at 6:30 p.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, April 23: Third annual Run4Kayla, held at Patriot Elementary, once again, with a 5k run/walk, a 1 mile fun run, and the main event, the Wheelchair Dash. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, April 30: 4th annual Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Run/Walk. 5K run, 2-mile walk. Century Link Sports Complex at Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Sunday, May 1: Tropicool 5K, 7:30 a.m. in Olde Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, May 14: 11th annual Lover Key Turtle Trot 5K. 8 a.m., to support the Friend of Lovers Key. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, May 21: Cape Cops 5K run/walk and fun run, starting at 7:30 a.m. to benefit the families of fallen or injured officers. Cape Coral Yacht Club. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Monday, May 30: Memorial Day 5K. Celebrate Memorial Day with a fun 5k at North Collier Regional Park. Proceeds of the race benefit the Special Olympics. (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, June 18: Sugden Stride 5K, 7 a.m. at Sugden Regional Park in Naples. (eliteevents.org)
· Friday, April 29: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather beginning at 7:30 p.m. for a 8 roll-out at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended.
· Saturday, April 30: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction.
· Friday, May 6: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. Join a family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix (beginning at 7:15 p.m. for an 8 p.m. roll-out) at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm or Facebook)
· Friday, May 13: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. for an 8 p.m. roll out at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd.
· Saturday, May 14: Sanibel Critical mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. for a 7:45 p.m. roll out at Jerry's parking lot (corner Periwinkle and Casa Ybel) on Sanibel.
· Wednesday, May 18: Ride of Silence, to honor those who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. The Fort Myers ride starts at 7 p.m. at Centennial Park; the Sanibel ride starts at 7 p.m. from Matzaluna, 1200 Periwinkle Way. Start gathering at 6:30 p.m. for both events.
· Sunday, May 1: Lake Avalon Reverse Triathlon & Duathlon. Triathlon: 5K run, 10 mile bike, 1/4 mile swim. Duathlon: 5K run, 10 mile bike, 1 mile run. Sugden Regional Park, Naples. (eliteevents.org)
· Sunday, May 1: Registration opens for the 2016 Galloway Captiva Tri, set for Sept. 10-11. (captivatri.org)
· Sunday, June 5: Naples Fitness Challenge Reverse Sprint. Naples Beach Club. (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
· Plan ahead: Other upcoming area tris include the American Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon in Naples July 20 (eliteevents.org), the Englewood Sprint tri July 16 (swflymca.org), the Siesta Key Olympic and Sprint Tris and Duathlon June 25 or Aug. 6 (multirace.com), the Venice Sprint Sept. 3 (swflymca.org), the Siesta Kay Sprint Tri Sept. 24 (siestakeytriathlon.org) and the Marco Island Sprint Oct. 2 (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com). Willing to drive? Check trifind.com for other state tris.