It's Monday morning and the weather is perfect in SWFL. Time to get some great running and riding events in before the dog days of summer arrive.
· Thursday, March 17: St. Patrick’s Day 5K Fun Run. Starts at 6:15 p.m. from Rip Tide Brewing Company in Naples (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, March 19: Lehigh Spring Festival Race in the Park 5K. Veteran’s Park, 55 Homestead Road South, Lehigh Acres. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, March 19: Pelican Pride 5K Run/Walk. Supports Pelican Elementary (which is also where it starts and finishes) 7:30 start. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, March 26: Eggs & Ears 5K and Fun Run. Starts at 8 a.m. at Lakes Park, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, April 2: 2nd Annual Run for a Cure. Lakes Park, Fort Myers, to benefit the Fort Myers Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, April 9: 6th annual The Fast and the Furriest 5K, Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, April 9: Artis-Naples 10K Run For Music, to benefit the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra and its youth music education programs. (gcrunner.org)
· Sunday, April 10: Paradise Coast Half Marathon and 5K. (www.naplesmarathon.com)
· Friday, April 15: Beach Bums 5K, on the beach at 6:30 p.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Sunday, May 1: Tropicool 5K, 7:30 a.m. in Olde Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Saturday, May 9: 11th annual Lover Key Turtle Trot 5K. 8 a.m., to support the Friend of Lovers Key. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
|SAG stop on 3/13 Royal Palm Classic ride|
· Friday, March 25: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather beginning at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:15 roll-out for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended.
· Saturday, March 26: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction.
· Friday, April 1: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. Join a family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix (beginning at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:15 p.m. roll-out) at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm)
|SWFL Critical Mass ride|
· Saturday, April 2: Pedal and Play in Paradise, offering ride distances of 62, 30, 15 and a mystery ride (all supported), plus free events Friday afternoon if you register for the Saturday ridge. It all starts in historic Punta Gorda. (http://pedalandplayinparadise.com)