It's that season...this weekend is the popular Naples Bike Brunch at Lowermilk Park, with a range of rides, walks, and kids events. There are also lots of running events to choose from in the next couple of week, as well as SWFL Critical Mass cycling events in both the Cape and Fort Myers.
· Saturday, Jan. 30: Calusa BUG 5K. Run to help Lee County children Bring Up Grades at the Calusa Nature Center, 3450 Ortiz Ave., Fort Myers. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Jan. 30: Hancock Creek Elementary Snowflake Shuffle 5K. Starts at 8 a.m. at Hancock Creek Elementary School, North Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, Jan. 30: Runs For The Paws 5K, to support the Naples Humane Society. Scenic course around Naples Municipal Airport. (gcrunners.org)
· Saturday, Jan. 30: 8th annual Hands Across The Harbor half-marathon and 5K (run), 13.1/20/30 mile bike and 13.1-mile longboard race. Starts and ends at Bayshore Live Oak Park, Port Charlotte with a course over the Peace River and downtown Punta Gorda. (www.handsacrosstheharbor.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 6: 5th annual Strides for Education 5K, to benefit Take Stock in Children. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 13: Rotary’s Run for the Rose Garden 5K. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Rotary Park, Cape Coral. (3dracinginc.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 13: Gold Medal 5K. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Artis Naples, to benefit Gulf Coast Runners Youth Development Fund. (gcrunner.org)
· Sunday, Feb. 14: Paradise Coast Marathon, Half and 5K. Starts and ends at Florida Sports Park, Naples. (www.naplesmarathon.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 20: Edison Festival of Light 5K, downtown Fort Myers. Starts at 5:45 p.m. with thousands of spectators to cheer you on. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 27: Swamp Stomp 5K, to benefit the Caloosa Humane Society. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Grandeur Oaks Town Center, LaBelle. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Feb 27: TALC Scholarship Fund Run 5K. Benefits go to scholarships to local high school seniors. Rotary Park, Cape Coral. (3dracinginc.com)
· Sunday, Feb. 28: Coconut 5K. Benefits a number of youth groups. Starts at 7:30 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (gcrunner.org)
· Sunday, March 6: Hooters Half Marathon and 2-Person Relay. Starts and finishes at Hooters in Fort Myers. Benefits Barbara’s Friend and Moffitt Cancer Center. 7 a.m. start. (www.hootershalfmarathon.com)
· Saturday, March 26: Eggs & Ears 5K and Fun Run. Starts at 8 a.m. at Lakes Park, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
· Sunday, Jan. 24: TD Bank Naples Bike Brunch & Family Festival. 10-, 20-, 30- and 62-mile rides, power and pooch walks, kids’ events and more. 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (naplespathway.org)
· Friday, Jan. 29: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather beginning at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:15 roll-out for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended.
· Saturday, Jan. 30: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction.
· Friday, Feb. 5: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. Greet the New Year and join a family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix (beginning at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:15 p.m. roll-out) at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm)
· Sunday, March 13: 18th annual Royal Palm Classic. Join the Caloosa Riders for an early Saint Patrick’s Day riding of the green! Starting from Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Drive, Fort Myers, at 8 a.m. Ride distances of 15, 40, 62 and 80 miles. Full rest stops and SAG support included. (www.caloosariders.org)
· Sunday, March 13: Annual Everglades Ride: 16 or 62 miles if you stay on the pavement, 27 miles if you don’t (options to adjust distance with all choices).Started from McLeod Park in Everglades City, benefits Friends of River of Grass Greenway and Friends of Fakahatchee. (http://www.caamevents.com/event/everglades-ride/).