Excitement is building for Saturday's Sanibel 10K race and the Nov. 9th "River Ride", among many other opportunities.
· Saturday, Oct. 18: 6th annual Sanibel 10K 4 F.I.S.H. Starts 7:30 a.m. at Sanibel Community House 2173 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel. Registration $30 by Oct. 11, $35 through Oct. 17 and $40 day of. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Sunday, Oct. 19: Rocktoberfest 10 mile (or 2 x 5 mile) race. North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, Naples. Pre-registration $55, students $45; starts at 7 a.m. (www.eliteevents.org).
· Saturday, Nov. 1: 7th annual Race the Roof 15K run, 5K run, 5K walk and tot trot. Verandah Community, 11571 Verandah Blvd., Fort Myers. All proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity, Lee and Hendry Counties. Race starts at 7:30 a.m. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Sunday, Nov. 9: Kids Helping Kids 5K and Fort Myers Marathon/Half Marathon. Based in downtown Fort Myers with three different courses to cover 5K, 13.1 miles and 26.2 miles. 5K benefits Kids Helping Kids Festival in Centennial Park and the Golisano Children’s Hospital. Details and pricing at www.kidshelpingkidsswfl.com or www.fortmyersmarathon.com
· Tuesday, Nov. 11: Veteran’s Day 5K Run across the Midpoint Bridge. Proceeds to benefit YMCA Youth programs. Race starts at 7 p.m. Registration: Before Nov. 1 veterans an youth $15, adults $20; Nov. 1-10 veterans and youth $20, adults $25. (www.ftmyerstrackclub.com)
· Thursday, Nov. 27: 35th Annual Turkey Trot, Cape Coral Wellness Center 609 SE 13th Ct. Cape Coral. 5 K run/walk, 1-mile fun run and tot trot, starts at 7:30 a.m.; registration opens 6 a.m. Proceed to benefit Golisan.
Cycling & other events:
· Sunday, Oct. 26: Fifth annual Tour de North Port. 15-, 35- and 65-mile rides that begin and end at the Imagine School, Upper Campus, 2757 Sycamore St., North Port. Full support, trick-or-treat rest stops. Breakfast and lunch offered. Starts at 7 a.m.; group discounts available. (http://peoplefortrees.com/tourevent1_14.php).
· Sunday, Nov. 2: Streets Alive returns to downtown Fort Myers 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Activities for the entire family focused on active and healthy lifestyles. Details at www.streetsalivelee.org.
· Sunday, Nov. 9: Caloosahatchee River Ride 2014. 15-, 30-, 40- and 62-mile rides starting from Caloosahatchee Regional Park, 19130 North River Road, Alva. Staggered starts at 8 a.m. Register in advance or day of. (http://crca.caloosahatchee.org/events/?event=calendar&mon=11&details=1&id=350).
· Saturday, Nov. 15: Bicycle Bully Busters, Trek Bicycle Store Of Estero, 8001 Plaza del Lago Drive #101, Estero. Get on your bike, make a stand against bullying and raise awareness about safe cycling in SWFL at this fun family event. 40-mile ride starts at 7 a.m.; 25-mile ride starts at 7:30 a.m.; 10-mile fun ride begins at 8 a.m. (www.caloosariders.org)