Since the Feb. 5th Newsletter, there have been several BoCC and committee meetings discussing this issue. At the request of Commissioner Kiker on Feb. 12th, the staff developed a new webpage on the county website re: impact fees. Click here to see the background documents posted on this website, and check back for additional information, including the posting of staff answers to questions provided by BoCC and citizens on impact fee issues. If you wish to be on the "interested parties" mailing list, submit your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are links to some of the documents and news reports.
- 2/10 NP story: Delay to Lee County impact fee vote sought
- LPA member Brodkin's 2/10 commentary in NP: "Maintain impact fees for Lee County's quality of life"
- 2/11 NDN: editorial on impact fees
- 211 NDN: Commissioners flooded with emails opposed to suspension of impact fees
- 2/7 NDN: Bonita Mayor Nelson & ECCL President, Nick Batos, write open letter to BoCC against impact fee moratorium--Guest column: Say no to impact fee moratorium in Lee
- BikeWalkLee's ACTION ALERT: Jan. 22nd BoCC public hearing on pr...
- BWL's 1/15 background paper: Why suspending impact fees is a bad idea